As the founder of Welcome Home Properties, I find myself very fortunate to have found such a perfect profession. I’ve always had a passion for serving others and find it incredibly rewarding helping someone find their new dream home or a seller find the right buyer.
More than Just a Real Estate Agent
With over 30 years of experience in real estate, relocation, construction, and marketing; I understand that there are many variables that can make the home buying/selling experience confusing and frustrating. My goal with every client is to make the process simple, so you can navigate the home buying/selling process stress-free.
Not a Jack-of-All-Trades
It’s often said that a jack-of-all-trades is a master of none. That is why I’ve hand selected a network of professionals to help me better assist my clients. Based on my experience its not a matter of if, butwhen you may need the expertise or services of one of these professionals. My network includes attorneys, lenders, inspectors, appraisers, interior decorators, repairmen, carpenters, landscapers and more.
- Personally negotiated over $45 million in real estate transactions
- Branch Leader and Broker in Charge for 4 years at the Allen Tate Companies’ office in Mooresville, NC
- Real Estate Mentor, Coach, and Instructor
- Graduate of the LKN Leadership Program, Class of 2012
- Recognized as Branch of the Year in 2009
- Recognized as Rookie of the Year in 2003
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have successfully completed the educational course on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
· Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
· Works first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
· Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
· Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
· Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
· Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
· Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
· Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
· Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
· Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.